The Technical Leader of the Metal Building Systems Industry
2012 Metal Building Systems Manual
The 2012 Metal Building Systems Manual brings the publication into conformance with the 2012 International Building Code (IBC), its referenced standards (i.e. ASCE 7-10), and common industry practices. The 2012 Manual includes a CD-ROM with a searchable PDF version of the manual, along with various AutoCAD roofing details.
Published: November, 2012
The 2012 Metal Building Systems Manual includes:
- Step-by-step examples for calculating wind, snow and seismic design loads per the 2012 International Building Code (IBC) and referenced ASCE 7-2010 standard, along with designing roof drainage systems for metal buildings, per the 2012 International Plumbing Code (IPC).
- A guide for the determination of loads for metal buildings with bridge, monorail, jib and single-leg gantry for underhung and top-running cranes.
- Recommended drift and deflection criteria for the design of metal buildings that use masonry, metal and other wall systems, including manufacturing and erection tolerances.
- Common Industry Practices that spell out all current practices relating to design, manufacture, sale and erection for metal building systems, including contract, order documents and engineer of record.
- Seventeen code-compliant, fire-rated construction (column, wall, roof and joint details) details specifically tailored for metal building systems.
- Wind, snow, seismic and rainfall design data tabulated for every U.S. county based on the 2012 IBC, ASCE 7-10, USGS and NOAA data - you won't find this anywhere else!
- CD-ROM includes electronic version of the manual along with 58 metal roof details in AutoCAD and PDF formats - available nowhere else.